On 15/12/2010, at 9:09 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:
> > > On 14/12/2010, at 6:38 PM, Pat wrote: > >> On 14/12/2010, at 5:07 PM, Ronda Brown wrote: >> >>> >>> >>> On 14/12/2010, at 4:47 PM, Ronda Brown wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On 14/12/2010, at 4:09 PM, Pat wrote: >>>> >>>>> >>>>> A few months ago I bought a Mac mini plus wireless keyboard and magic >>>>> trackpad to use mainly for recording TV programs. I was very busy at the >>>>> time; everything seemed to work OK. I was able to program TV shows and >>>>> they got recorded. >>>>> >>>>> Recently, I started wondering about the gestures that are supposed to be >>>>> used with the trackpad - they didn't work on mine. When I looked at >>>>> 'About this Mac', the keyboard and trackpad were both listed in the >>>>> Bluetooth section. When I look at System Preferences, it doesn't see the >>>>> trackpad. I have tried restarting and searching for a trackpad, but the >>>>> little 'wait' wheel just keeps going around with no result. >>>>> >>>>> What can I do to introduce the trackpad to its preferences? >>>> >>>> Hi Pat, >>>> >>>> When you turn the Track Pad on does the green light start blinking? >>>> If not: >>>> >>>> When you turn it on, the green light goes on but it does not start >>>> blinking, and trackpad in system preferences can't find your trackpad. >>>> Hold down the 'on' button on the trackpad until the light starts to blink. >>>> This is a reset that forces the trackpad to 'unlink' with whatever it >>>> thinks it is linked to, and to make itself discoverable. >>>> Once the green light is blinking, just go to trackpad in system >>>> preferences and it will quickly discover your new device. >>>> >>>> Cheers, >>>> Ronni >>>> >>>> 17" MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 >>>> 2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm >>>> >>>> OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard >>>> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance) >>> >>> Hi again Pat, >>> >>> I forgot to mention if you had installed the Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch >>> Trackpad Update 1.0? >>> Software Update should have shown it after you originally setup the Track >>> Pad. >>> You can check by Opening Software Update > Preferences - click on >>> "Installed Software", scroll to find Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Update >>> version 1.0 >>> >>> <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1066> >>> Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 >>> >>> Cheers, >>> Ronni >> >> Hi, Ronni, thanks for the quick reply. >> >> OK. Here's what's happening. The trackpad update was already installed. I >> held the button down until the message 'trackpad connected' came up. I >> thought, wow, that was fast and easy. However, I played with it for a few >> minutes, and then - back to nothing. Held the button down again, and the >> message 'trackpad off' appeared. I kept trying this - it would connect, but >> would only stay connected for a minute or so. The battery level was 91% >> when I started, hopefully that is sufficient to keep it going. >> >> At no point did the green light blink. Holding the button down only made >> the green light appear and stay steady about 5 seconds and then go off >> again. And still Bluetooth in System Preferences says that the trackpad is >> recognised and connected. > > Hi Pat, > >>> And still Bluetooth in System Preferences says that the trackpad is >>> recognised and connected. > > The Magic Trackpad is now recognised and connected … but it is not > maintaning connection. Is that what you mean? > >> >> So, I am still mystified, but grateful for your reply. >> Pat > > Cheers, > Ronni Hi, Ronni, Yes, that is it exactly. Or I should say, it gets recognised and connected but then looses that recognition and connection within about a minute. Cheers, Pat -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

