I have an external Apple USB modem for this purpose. Though they are not listed by Apple they are still available. I got mine from T4 in Albany. I also have a ZOOM USB external modem, surplus to requirements which is similar. Contact me offline if you are interested, you can have it for the cost of the postage.
Severin Crisp