Ronni, just what I'm looking for now that I've upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Stuart Breden
PO Box 132
Kalamunda WA 6926
Ph: (08) 9257 1577
Mbl: 0417 053 266

On 16/03/2011, at 12:00 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 16/03/2011, at 11:21 AM, wyv...@iinet.net.au wrote:

hi all

until recently i had a Powerbook and it was possible to plug a phone line into it and send faxes from it. Now i have a MacBook Pro and it doesn't have the phone line spot. Is there any way anyone knows to make it possible to send faxes from this machine please. i saw mention of some sort of dongle but for the life of me cannot find anything on it

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

The MBP does not have a modem so faxing from it is a not possible.
Apple used to sell an external usb modem but I haven't seen that in a long time.

I have used an online faxing service (eFax) to send and receive via email.

<http://www.efax.com.au/>

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard