Doesnt do it with mine

I just put a whole heap of random data in with missing dates and yeah

I did use a bar chart....which by the sounds of it you should be using anyway?

Ash
On 22/06/2011, at 1:01 PM, Chris Burton wrote:

> 
> Hi Muggers
> 
> Im not sure if it is ok to ask here about a charting problem I have while 
> using Excel 2011, but I would very much appreciate some help if possible?
> 
> I am preparing some whale sighting data for a conference presentation in few 
> weeks and cant seem to find how I can de-select some dates that are not in 
> the data (Feb 08 to June 08), but are included by excel to make the x-axis 
> series continuous (from sept 07 to sept 08). 
> The data have only been collected from sept 07 to jan 08 and then from July 
> 08 to Sept 08.
> 
> I have been delving into the axis format using 'Scale' which only allows a 
> max and min value (not to deselect some in between). It does have a number of 
> other abilities to change the major and minor units but this does not solve 
> the problem.
> 
> Thanks for any help here, even some online links etc
> 
> Kind regards
> 
> Chris
> 
> 
> Christopher L.K. Burton
> Director
> Western Whale Research
> PO Box 1076
> Dunsborough WA 6281
> Mobile: 0419 199 120
> Email: [email protected] 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 

Ashley Mulder
BSc (Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) | (Forensic Science Hons.)
PhD Student (Chemistry)
Department of Chemistry
Curtin University
[email protected]
[email protected]




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>