Hi Robert,

In Snow Leopard the User Library is NOT hidden, you don’t use Terminal to show
Library in Snow Leopard! It is shown in Snow Leopard.
The User Library in Snow Leopard is located on your Macintosh HD > Users Folder
> your Username > Library.

What operating system ARE you using Apple Mail in?  In Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8
OR Lion OS X 10.7?
You have me completely confused ….

I will be heading out to see a client soon, and then I will be away for the
week-end. I might not be able to get back to you until Monday if you require
anymore help.