Hi Barry,

Hopefully this reply gets through to WAMUG Mailing list, none of my replies
yesterday have come through to the WAMUG list from my iCloud mail address?
They have sent as they are in my Sent Mailbox, but must be floating around in
CyberSpace!

Try, Launching iTunes and logging into your iTunes account, see if that fixes
the red update circle that appears incorrectly on the App Store icon in the
dock.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)