My father's iMac at work had about 7 lines come up, which is a fault
in the LCD and not blown pixels.  In the end, it was cheaper to
replace it with a new 20" imac than go through the hoohar of getting
it fixed (it was an early 17" Intel iMac).  Needless to say, he is
happier with the new iMac :D  In saying that Adrian, you might find
there are plenty of iMacs around that have died from other causes, so
you might be able to get a new screen through a second hand dead iMac.

Seeya

Rod!