We have an iMac Power PC G5 running OS X 10.4.11.
It has two Firewire ports, both 400.
HD capacity approx 500 GB.
I am searching for a like capacity portable HD with a firewire port but
these days most of the devices are at least 1TB and only occasionally do
they have a 400 port - obviously superseded.
However, if I purchase a 1TB HD, with a 400 Firewire port, can I
partition it so that half of the disk is a viable bootable HD for the G5?
Your advice appreciated.
Merv

--
The whole psychology of modern disquiet is linked with the sudden
confrontation with space-time. (Teilhard de Chardin, 'The Phenomenon of