Hi Carlo

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had noticed that ffmpeg kept cropping up in
discussion groups, but I couldn't understand how it all fitted together with
containers and what have you.   It seemed to be aimed at tech fanatics!

I was going to buy WannaAudio to see if it would work when Ronni's instructions
on using iMovie were posted.  Advantages of the iMovie method were that it
worked and there was no need for more software.

Cheers
Alan