Hi John,

On 08/07/2012, at 4:48 PM, John Thompson wrote:

> Hi Ronni,
>       I seem to have a somewhat similar situation.  I have relatively
> recently upgraded my wireless system to a TP-LINK ADSL2 Wireless
> Modem/Router, getting rid of the old clunky system I had been using.
> When setting up, I made sure to us WPA2 security however, when I check System
> Preferences/Network/Wi-Fi - Advanced my Preferred Networks show, among other
> things, Network Name -  TP-LINK_(name) -Security None.
> I have repeatedly gone back to the TP-LINK site and reset the system but
> nothing has changed.  How can I tell if my Wi-Fi is actually secure?

Doesn't sound like it is secured.

Under the Wi-Fi symbol in the Menu bar at the top right of your desktop is it
showing a 'padlock' beside your Network Name?
If it isn't it is not secured.

When you setup the Network in System Preferences > Network  > Advanced  - Wi-Fi
did you use the + sign and type the Network Name, then select Security:
WPA/WPA2 Personal
Type in the Password
Click  OK
After you successfully created the wireless network, it will show in the box as:
TL-LINK (as example) & Security WPA/WPA2 Personal

> I have been using it like this for some time now and have not had any signs
> of problem.

Perhaps not, but it might not be secured. Post back with answer to my questions
please.