Hi Alan,

If you can't get used to the new scrolling direction in Mountain Lion, you can
revert to the old style.

1) Click the Apple at top left of screen and select System Preferences...
2) Select the Trackpad icon in the Hardware row.
3) Click the Scroll & Zoom tab at the top of the Trackpad dialog.
4) Uncheck Scroll direction: natural

Scroll direction will now return the style used in Snow Leopard.

Regards,
Carlo

Carlo Margio
Real World Computing