I have a small application named "Quit all apps'.   Works well and it's 
free!.

Kev




On 18/08/13 4:03 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:
> Hi Pat,
>
> Do you Quit the Applications or just close the window?
>
> Check in System Preferences > General - do you have selected "Close windows 
> when quitting an Application"?
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>
> On 18/08/2013, at 1:33 PM, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I close my Mac Pro, 10.8.4, down every night. Just before I shut it down, I 
>> systematically close every open application. The last few months, when I 
>> start the Mac up the next day, occasionally it comes up with all those 
>> applications open, and it is now happening more frequently.
>>
>> Is this a symptom of any know malady? Does anyone know what causes it? I do 
>> not have any items in the Startupitems folder.
>>
>> Pat
>> -- 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>