Hi, Ronni,

When closing down last night, I looked for the checkmark, but the box was not 
ticked. 

I guess I will just have to live with it. So far, it is just a little bit 
annoying, but apparently not potentially calamitous. So, thank you very much, 
Ronni and Daniel.

Cheers,
Pat


On 18/08/2013, at 5:57 PM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
> 
> Hmmm, weird.
> 
> Try this: Click on the Apple Logo and hit Restart - take the checkmark OFF 
> "Reopen windows when logging back in"... Then click the Shutdown button.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
> 
> On 18/08/2013, at 5:11 PM, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi, Ronni,
>> 
>> I usually do Command Q to quit an application, or sometimes right-clicking 
>> the Dock icon and choosing 'Quit'. And I always cast an eye over the Dock 
>> icons to be sure there are no longer any little white dots underneath.
>> 
>> In System Preferences, there are no Login items in Users & Groups.
>> 
>> In General, the box is ticked for Close windows when quitting an Application 
>> and
>> the Recent items  is set at 10.
>> 
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Pat
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>