On 30/08/2013, at 4:28 PM, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have been following Ronni's suggestion that I close applications with 
> Command Option Q (haven't had any more episodes of 'forgetfulness' by the 
> Mac). I just wanted to mention that there are a few applications that do not 
> respond to that command, namely iTunes and Photoshop CS6. Just another 
> oddity, I guess.
> 
> Thanks for the help!
> Pat
> 


It really depends on whether or not an application can create documents or not, 
or more precisely, multiple windows. Th rules can appear to be a little 
inconsistent sometimes, but this the general rule. 

Note that Cmd-Option-Q means "Quit and close all windows", whereas the simpler 
Cmd-Q quits the application, but any open windows are remembered, and opened 
automatically the next time you run the application. It's also important to 
understand that all of this only applies to Lion (Max OS X 10.7) and later. In 
previous versions, quitting an application automatically closed all open 
windows.

iTunes and others such as Preview, System Preferences, etc, do not support the 
opening of multiple windows, so Cmd-Option-Q is not an option. Just use Cmd-Q. 

Photoshop (and other Adobe fare), along with products from Microsoft, lives in 
its own world, so many things that work in standard Mac OS X software do not 
necessarily apply.  

Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>