Hi Chris,

In the link I sent in my previous email:
 First thing to do is:
>> Get your Mac ready for Mavericks OS X 10.9

Gives list of compatible models that can install Mavericks
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
MacBook Pro 13-inch (Mid-2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro 15-inch (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
MacBook Pro 17-inch (Late 2007 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
(Note that while all of the above computers can install Mavericks, some
features, such as Power Nap, AirPlay mirroring and extended desktop, and
AirDrop, have stricter requirements.)

Also if you are going from OS X 10.6.8 you need to check you don't have any
Applications that are labelled "Classic" or "PowerPC" as they will NOT work in
Mountain Lion or Mavericks.
ONLY  Universal & Intel will run in Mountain Lion & Mavericks

You also require a lot of Free Space on your Hard Drive to run Mavericks well.
If your Mac meets the requirements for Mavericks & your Applications are
compatible you can upgrade from Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8 to Mavericks.

If you go to my website and download my Tutorial "Prepare for & Installation of
Mountain Lion OS X 10.8" you will find all the details.
It is the same as 'Prepare for  & Installation' details as required for
Mavericks.

<http://ronnibrown.net/tutorials/prepare-for-mountain-lion/index.html>
If you do download the tutorial I would appreciate a donation. Details are on
my website.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4