The impression that I have is that an incomplete operating system has been released prematurely and much has been made of a potential product ( the watch), because the marketing arm of Apple is desperate to counter products such as Samsung.
Yes, Ronda did warn against updating, but why shouldn't any one be able to take Apple at face value? The quagmire debacle brings back memories of the era in the mid nineties in which Apple launched an operating system that was not up to scratch. Steve Jobs was subsequently brought back into the fold. He cannot ride to Apple's rescue this time. Sadly, Michael. > On 22 Sep 2014, at 11:37 pm, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > > This is why I posted to the list back on 7 July warning photographers that > Apple will no longer develop Aperture or iPhoto, OS X Yosemite Photos app to > serve as replacement. > Photos App will be the replacement for iPhoto on both iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 > Yosemite. > > Cheers, > Ronni > > Sent from Ronni's iPad4 > > >> On 22 Sep 2014, at 10:43 pm, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Arrr yes,…that is one of them that disappeared…. >> This info may help. >> http://www.imore.com/yes-camera-roll-gone-ios-8-heres-where-it-went-and-why >> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6537671 >> >> (I was looking on my iPad mini RD, which was the only one I upgraded to >> iOS8. I've left my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 for now,….need it for work) :o) >> >> Maybe it's being renamed iPhoto now with Quagmire,…. :) >> (Sorry, couldn't resist) lol. >> >> But yes, quite a few people aren't happy with it I'm afraid. >> Some of the "features" I don't think are quite there just yet,…so haven't >> been turned or activated fully. (and are worth waiting,…just incase). >> >> Kind regards >> Daniel >> >> Sent from my iPhone 5 >> >> --- >> Daniel Kerr >> MacWizardry >> >> Phone: 0414 795 960 >> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au> >> Web: <http://www.macwizardry.com.au> >> >> >> **For everything Apple** >> >> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and >> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of >> MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of >> warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any >> information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that >> permission by the author be requested. >> >>> On 22/09/2014, at 10:34 PM, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >>> It is Photos that I refer to. >>> I have these albums:- >>> Recently Added >>> Faces (which I really don’t want but am not sure how to delete) >>> Photo Library (which is as you describe your iAlbum) >>> >>> The problem is that numerous photos that were in Camera Roll (if I recall >>> correctly) do not appear in any of these albums. >>> However they do appear in various date groups that appear if I select >>> Photos at bottom of screen. >>> >>> The photos I was looking for are some that I took using the iPhone and were >>> in the album “Camera Roll” >>> Some appear in Recently Added and others in the “Quagmire” called Photos ! >>> >>>> On 22 Sep 2014, at 8:49 pm, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>> This link may also help (maybe,….) >>>> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6290 >>>> >>>> Kind regards >>>> Daniel >>>> >>>> Sent from my iPhone 5 >>>> >>>> --- >>>> Daniel Kerr >>>> MacWizardry >>>> >>>> Phone: 0414 795 960 >>>> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au> >>>> Web: <http://www.macwizardry.com.au> >>>> >>>> >>>> **For everything Apple** >>>> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion >>>> and as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of >>>> MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form >>>> of warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any >>>> information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, >>>> that permission by the author be requested. >>>> >>>>> On 22/09/2014, at 7:14 PM, Laura Webb <[email protected]> wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi Stephen >>>>> >>>>> Likewise on iPad. >>>>> >>>>> Quagmire is a good description. I am very upset at what has happened to >>>>> my photos. My biggest disappointment is that all the Web Journals I spent >>>>> hours creating in iPhoto for iPad no longer exist as iOS8 does not >>>>> support iPhoto for iPad. >>>>> >>>>> How crazy is that? >>>>> >>>>> Regards >>>>> Laura >>>>> >>>>> Sent from my iPad >>>>> >>>>> >>>>>> On 22 Sep 2014, at 6:42 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi folks, >>>>>> >>>>>> I DO NOT like the way photos are grouped in date ranges in iOS8. >>>>>> What a messy way of arranging them ! >>>>>> I tried to show a tradesman a photo this afternoon & thought I had lost >>>>>> it. >>>>>> After he left I found it amongst the quagmire of photo groups !! >>>>>> >>>>>> Regards, >>>>>> Stephen Chape >>>>>> >>>>>> Mac by choice >>>>>> Windows because my employer knew no better > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

