I did take your advice Ronni (as I frequently do) re the iCloud Drive when I 
updated my iPhone.
However the Quagmire took me by surprise.
I never thought to associate the arrangement of photos on my phone with the 
forthcoming changes to iPhoto.

NO probs though !
Lucky I am an optimist.
I am sure Apple will come to the fore in the near future !


On 23 Sep 2014, at 7:06 am, John Daniels <[email protected]> wrote:

> Stephen
> Just reading the posts on this it seems camera roll is not an album. It is 
> the pics you have yet sorted into albums grouped by date.  It's like having 
> all the various envelopes full of pics as they used to come back from the 
> chemist all piled into one drawer.
> 
> You can now create albums either of portraits (faces) or in any way you wish, 
> holidays, work or whatever and drag the pics into their appropriate album.
> 
> I still have a quagmire of prints and slides as well as a lot of albums.  
> Nothing really changes does it.
> 
> John 😄😄
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> 
> On 22 Sep 2014, at 10:34 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> It is Photos that I refer to.
>> I have these albums:-
>> Recently Added
>> Faces (which I really don’t want but am not sure how to delete)
>> Photo Library (which is as you describe your iAlbum)
>> 
>> The problem is that numerous photos that were in Camera Roll (if I recall 
>> correctly) do not appear in any of these albums.
>> However they do appear in various date groups that appear if I select Photos 
>> at bottom of screen.
>> 
>> The photos I was looking for are some that I took using the iPhone and were 
>> in the album “Camera Roll”
>> Some appear in Recently Added and others in the “Quagmire” called Photos !
>> 
>> On 22 Sep 2014, at 8:49 pm, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> This link may also help (maybe,….)
>>> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6290
>>> 
>>> Kind regards
>>> Daniel
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>>> 
>>> ---
>>> Daniel Kerr
>>> MacWizardry
>>> 
>>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>>> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
>>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>> 
>>> 
>>> **For everything Apple**
>>> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and 
>>> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of 
>>> MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of 
>>> warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any 
>>> information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, 
>>> that permission by the author be requested. 
>>> 
>>> On 22/09/2014, at 7:14 PM, Laura Webb <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Hi Stephen
>>>> 
>>>> Likewise on iPad. 
>>>> 
>>>> Quagmire is a good description. I am very upset at what has happened to my 
>>>> photos. My biggest disappointment is that all the Web Journals I spent 
>>>> hours creating in iPhoto for iPad no longer exist as iOS8 does not support 
>>>> iPhoto for iPad. 
>>>> 
>>>> How crazy is that?
>>>> 
>>>> Regards
>>>> Laura
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 22 Sep 2014, at 6:42 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>> 
>>>>> I DO NOT like the way photos are grouped in date ranges in iOS8.
>>>>> What a messy way of arranging them !
>>>>> I tried to show a tradesman a photo this afternoon & thought I had lost 
>>>>> it.
>>>>> After he left I found it amongst the quagmire of photo groups !!
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Stephen Chape
>>>>> 
>>>>> Mac by choice
>>>>> Windows because my employer knew no better
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>>>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>>>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>>> 
>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> 
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Stephen Chape
>> 
>> Mac by choice
>> Windows because my employer knew no better
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>


Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>