My home network has been wholly WiFi for nearly two years.  Works well enough, 
but I’m looking for improvement.  Network consists of 2 iMacs, iPad, iPhone and 
Apple TV to a Time Capsule base (and to an iiNet Bob Lite NBN FTTH modem).  
(Phone not used much on network.)   I seem to get noticeable wait-time on Apple 
TV and AirDrop due to Time Machine backups.

I just plugged in a Cat6 Ethernet patch cable from one iMac to the Time 
Capsule.   All seems to work OK.   Apple - System Preferences - Networks show 
both WiFi and Ethernet are now connected.   Are there any settings or 
preferences that need to be changed?  Can the iMac be forced to use the 
Ethernet connection for Time Machine backups to “free-up” the WiFi?  Or is this 
not relevant?

Regards, 
Alan

Alan Smith
  Late 2012 iMac 27" Intel Quad Core i5  Fusion 3.2GHz 8G RAM - OSX 10.9.5 
Mavericks
  Late 2009 iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 12G RAM - OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks
  iPhone5;  iPad2;  ATV2








-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>