> On 24 Nov 2014, at 9:14 am, Alan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Thanks Peter
> 
> Connecting the ethernet cable had automatically set ethernet to the top of 
> the list.  I hadn’t looked at the gear icon to realize it also set the 
> “service order” parameter.  
> 
> I think I had both ethernet and WiFi working in the past when I had a Belkin 
> modem/router with lower WiFi specs.  (Perhaps 2.4GHz only?)
> 
> Cheers
> Alan
> 
> 

Yes, the currently active protocol will always appear at the top of the active 
list in the Network Preferences window. The list you adjust in Set sService 
Order… determines which protocol will be used  preferentially. You should have 
ethernet at the top of that list.

Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>