Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 22 Jan 2015, at 7:53 pm, Marlene Oostryck <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Ronni
> 
> Thanks for your response Ronni.
> 
> I have followed your instructions - but when the Apple logo appeared (no red 
> slider, despite holding for some time) -

Did you let go both the Sleep & Wake buttons when the Apple Logo appeared?

> 1.  Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time 
> for at least 10 seconds.
> 2.  Ignore the red slider that appears on the screen and keep holding both 
> buttons until the Apple logo appears.


> I am now instructed to:
> Slide to set up.
> 
> Do I set up from scratch and then connect to iTunes to try and restore all?
> 
> Regards
> 
> Marlene 
> 
>> On 22/01/2015, at 6:32 PM, Ronni Brown wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Marlene,
>> 
>> Did your iPad update to iOS 8.1.2 successfully?
>> 
>> If so Eject your iPad from iTunes
>> Disconnect the cable from your computer & iPad
>> 
>> Then do a Hard Reset
>> 1.  Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same 
>> time for at least 10 seconds.
>> 2.  Ignore the red slider that appears on the screen and keep holding both 
>> buttons until the Apple logo appears.
>> 
>> Your iPad will restart.
>> Let us know if the reset fixes the problem.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>> 
>>> On 22 Jan 2015, at 5:54 pm, Marlene Oostryck <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hello All,
>>> 
>>> I have an iPad Air (64GB), purchased in Sept 2014 which has been operating 
>>> perfectly.
>>> 
>>> Today I did a back-up on iTunes - that appeared to proceed as normal.
>>> 
>>> Then I did an iOS 8.1.2 Update through iTunes.
>>> 
>>> When all was finished (about 20 mins) a message came up saying:
>>> 
>>> "iTunes could not back up this iPad "Marlene Oostryck's iPad" because it 
>>> has not been set up yet.
>>> 
>>> I still have the screen open - some advice would be appreciated.
>>> -(going interstate on Tuesday and really need a functioning iPad.
>>> 
>>> Many thanks
>>> 
>>> Marlene Oostryck
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>