Hello Pat

On 02/02/2015, at 4:47 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> I work on a rapidly expanding web site, using BBEdit 11.0.2, the newest 
> version. I used to be able to use Quicklook on raw html files: it would give 
> me a view of how the file looked on Safari.  This is enormously useful and 
> saves a lot of time as it is not necessary to open a file to see what it 
> looks like.
> 
> However, I did the Yosemite 10.2 update a week ago (went well and quickly 
> with no apparent problems), but I think this may be a prolem, because 
> Quicklook no longer works on html files.
> 
> I tried to have a look on the Support pages of Apple, and wrote out a 
> description of the problem, but the page would not let me post it to the 
> community.
> 
> Has anyone else noticed this? I would hope Apple knows about it and is fixing 
> it. Failing that, is it possible to remove the 10.2 update?


I understand that BBEdit was discontinued some years ago by Bare Bones 
Software. Their supported text editor now is Text Wrangler, which I think is 
free. It claims to "understand" HTML, and lots of other languages, which I take 
to mean that it will "pretty up" HTML with colours and formatting. 

We use Web Design, which has the in-built ability to display the web page as 
you change the HTML. It is OK, but I am not sure that I would recommend it. It 
crashes a bit (but usually only immediately after you have saved the file!), it 
has funny behaviour over our network and has a way of hanging on to pictures 
despite you having specified a new/different one. We paid for Web Design, but 
not a lot I think.

Not a specific answer to you problem, I realise, but you could look at a 
program like Web Design (there are a number to choose from ot there) rather 
than ditching your OS.

Regards

Geoff
-----------------------
Kaye and Geoff
[email protected]





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>