Good morning, I use an external drive to hold my iTunes and Photos
library. I have explicitly selected in 'Options' to include the
external drive in the hourly backup process with Time Machine so the
backup file first time around was quite large (~650GB) and took a long
while. 
I dont actually have a problem currently but if my external drive were
to fail or get lost or stolen, how would I reinstate the contents
within the backup file of the external drive to a NEW external drive
and restore the status quo?
I've never once restored a file from TM (though I am well practiced at
deleting the Sparsebundle backup file!!) so not familiar with the
process anyway but I am keen to understand how I would restore the
external drive associated files (either singly (say my Photos library
file) or the drive in total).
Regards
Pete.


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>