Hi Geoff,

Just saw your reply - thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know that mail does 
not go through a proxy server. 
The Proxies on the network had two items ticked - no idea why, but know now to 
ensure they are all left
unticked if I have problems in that area in the future.  It's amazing how much 
one learns on this list.

Thanks again

Jewels

On 04/06/2015, at 4:06 PM, Kaye and Geoff wrote:

> Hi Julie and Ronni
> 
> On 04/06/2015, at 3:51 PM, Julie Bedford wrote:
> 
>> You are an absolute godsend - seriously.
>> All fixed !!
> 
> 
> I have just seen Ronni's reply, and it seems that I was mistaken in thinking 
> that the problem was not with your computer. Our ISP, as far as I know, 
> enforces the use of a proxy no matter what settings you have in your browser.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Geoff
> -----------------------
> Kaye and Geoff
> [email protected]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>