Just recently I made the swing over to NBN. I am with Westnet, and against
quite a bit of online negative sentiment, I elected to remain with Westnet -
simply because email migration for 5 people in my family and many associations
with our email addresses with providers was a greater deterrent than the online
sentiment.

The conversion was completely seamless for us. It was very straightforward and
without hiccup. This was the main area of online unhappiness with Westnet - the
conversion from ADSL to NBN.

Having made the change about a month ago - and as I work away from home where
the provision exists, I thought I’d do a speediest over the weekend just gone.
I did the speed test using the Speedtest app on my iPad attached to my 5GHz
network from my Time Capsule connected via ethernet connection to the NBN
Modem. On the weekend on a number of separate occasions I got Download speeds
of between 2 Mbps to 7  Mbps. I am away again now and I got my son to re-run
the test. He got 2.34 Mbps (wirelessly using his Macbook) and 11 Mbps using his
Macbook with an Ethernet cable directly connected to the TM port.

I decided upon commencement I would opt for the 100 Mbps plan as it was only
$10/mth more than the 25 Mbps plan out of the box from Westnet.

At best, it is no better than the ADSL1+ Turbo plan I had previously (ADSL2
service wasn’t available in my area in Mandurah).

Yes, I know there is the fine print stating I should not expect to get 100 Mbps
due a litany of excuses - I am not even able to achieve half of the cheaper
plan. What is the point. There has been no point since I swapped over where a
Speedtest has resulted in maybe slightly close to 50 Mbps. This is my
experience.

I’ve down full power off restarts numerous times too, I spoke with Westnet on
the weekend and I got a lame “oh, there seems to be slow NBN in WA at the
moment”.

Anyone out there with similar experience and course of action recommendation?

Peter Crisp
petercr...@westnet.com.au