Hi Rob & Stephen,

My memory would not be any better than your’s Rob.
The only extra details to Rob’s suggestions I would add are:
Stephen mentions that the Kernel Panics are happening every startup of the
computer.
Apple Genius checked the Hardware, so I would assume they also checked the RAM.

So as the Kernel panics are happening at startup indicates a likely problem is
a startup / login item, a corrupt font or font conflict, a corrupt system file,
or a driver/hardware issue.

Checking the log in Console as Rob has mentioned should give you a clue.
1. Launch Console
2. In the Console app sidebar, select the folder named Library/Logs
3. Select the DiagnosticsReporter folder
4. A list of reports will be displayed, select the most recent crash report to
view
* You can also view the diagnostics report directly by viewing the log file
located at:
/Library/Logs/DiagnosticsReports
* If you view the DiagnosticReport in View -> ‘As List’  then click Date
Modified column to sort the folder’s contents by how recently they they were
changed.
5. Look through the report for a time corresponding to when the kernel panic
occurred.
With any luck it will provide a clue as to what events were taking place
immediately before the panic was declared.

If the logs don’t point to a possible cause, try:
1. Unplug peripherals. If you have anything plugged into your Mac other than a
keyboard, mouse or trackball, display, and Ethernet cable, unplug it.
Restart, and see if the kernel panic recurs. If not, add the devices back one
at a time, restarting after each one:
2. If panics continue with all devices unplugged, try Safe Boot as Rob has
mentioned.
If the problem goes away, look in the folders inside /Library and ~/ Library
for files you’ve added recently. (To make this easier, choose View -> As List
and then click the Date Modied column to sort the folder’s contents by how
recently they were changed.) In particular, look in /Library/Extensions and
/System/Library/ Extensions for any third-party items you remember adding.  is
may include things like drivers for audio interfaces and input devices,
security software, and certain system enhancements. If you find any, look for
an uninstaller provided by the developer, and if there is one, use it. If not,
consult the documentation that came with the software, or the developer’s
website, for removal instructions. (I recommend against manually dragging these
items to the Trash unless you can find no other way to remove them.)

Restart and see if the problem goes away. If it does, reinstall the apps that
use the kernel extensions (or other uninstalled files) one at a time,
restarting after each one, until you find the culprit.

Ok that’s about everything we can suggest without being able to see the actual
computer!
We wait to hear the results…

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12.6