I run duplicate Time Machine backups, one to a local drive and the other
(sparse bundle format) to the Time capsule network drive.  I got a screen
notification to the effect that verification had failed and TM needed to create
a new backup. I clicked on the “tell me again tomorrow” button.  It seems that
verification happens when the daily, weekly and monthly consolidation is done.

Do I lose the complete backup history by accepting the notification tomorrow?
Can I manually delete the backup data between 26-29 April (or the combined
weekly or monthly file) and retain earlier history?   While TM was “off” for
most of those days, some backups were created during my repair and restoration
(ongoing!) work in readiness for installing High Sierra.  If all data is lost
then it would be more convenient to manually delete the sparse bundle and
create a brand new backup when I have time.  It’s not worth the effort to try
repairing the sparse bundle.

I haven’t tempted fate by running a manual verification on the second TM backup
which creates backups.backupdb files.

Cheers
Alan
        iMac late 2009, OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.