Hi, Daniel and others who responded,

I wish it was this easy. Those ‘remedies’ were the first things I tried to do,
but, Bing just doesn’t go away. Looking at the Websites tab of Safari
preferences it appears that you can turn Bing off and turn on the preferred
browser, but that doesn’t work either.

This change obviously came with  Security Update 2018-001 I installed last
night. Working through the list, if I turned on DuckDuckGo, the warning icons
appear and say it isn’t secure enough, and the same warning comes up with other
choices and only Bing is left.

Probably most other members have installed this already — are they stuck with
Bing also?

Thanks,
Pat