I have a Wacom pen tablet. Yesterday a message came up on the computer that the
firmware for the tablet needed to be updated because in the new Mojave update
Apple neglected to classify Wacom as safe software, and it was necessary for
users to modify items in the Security Preferences panel.

So I read the instructions and followed them (I thought).
Unfortunately, I think I omitted a step and then tried boot the computer. The
result was that the monitor now shows only the white Apple and the stalled
progress bar.

I did a Safe boot, but it didn’t work.

I hope the really savvy members might know how this can be remedied.

Pat