Hello Pat,

You could try:
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four
keys together: Option, Command, P, and R.
You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might
appear to restart.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Kind Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB