Hi Jennifer,
Is it a Telstra Router?

Go to wlan setting on printer....look for where it says to connect access
point. You then have to hold the "Pair" Button on front of the router while you
select ok on the printer. Hold the "Pair Button to printer says all is connected

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Canon-printer-not-wirelessly-connecting-to-new-TELSTRA-router/td-p/541786

Kind regards,
Ronni

Sent from Ronni's iPhone 7 Plus