Hi Neil,

It seems that I am living in the past.  Having a dedicated Mac Mini as a media
server for an Apple TV device is archaic.  I’m lucky that the Computers App
still gives some functionality with Mojave and High Sierra!  I should be using
Catalina and the TV App(s) for Mac and the Apple TV device.  The TV App is
dedicated to improving Apple’s bottom line (and to spoiling mine). The app just
streams a previously purchased and downloaded video from the internet instead
of from the Mac Mini.  Yet to work out how to delete the 4GB file from the
Apple TV internal memory.

Enough of a rant for this weekend.

I have a bootable copy of macOS Catalina on an external hard drive.  It may
give some amusement to get it to talk to the Apple TV.  But then, probably not.
. .

Cheers,
Alan