Hi Alex

No worries at all. All of that from memory too,..though I was out by a year or
so in one of them, but looked it up. So remembered 2 of the years at least…hehe.

You can use either IMAP or POP into Apple Mail. Generally POP3 downloads it all
from the “server” (ISP) to your computer, so you’re using less space.
IMAP, has the advantage of being in sync across multiple devices. But as you
fill up space on the server (at your ISP or your host), then over time, you
need to move emails to local folders.
Eg. I use IMAP across a laptop, and iMac an iPhone and iPad. Can send and
receive from all 4 device (5 if I log into webmail to see all emails there).
But all old emails I move off the server onto local folders in Apple Mail under
the heading of “On my Mac”. So I can have 20+ years of emails stored in Apple
Mail, but Inbox, Sent, Trash across all devices stores a lot less.
If you keep all the inbox in the server, eventually they advise you you’re
running out of space and need to a) buy more space or clear out old emails.

You can set up .Mac/@me.com/@iCloud.com into Apple Mail as well. So they still
can be a) read on devices/computers and b) accessed via webmail at iCloud.com.
All of that stays in sync. If you’re on the free plan, then you can’t go above
5GB storage. If you buy more iCloud storage,…then you can store more. And so on.
Again though, if you move emails off the Inbox (Stored in the hosting
server,..eg apple’s iCloud) and save it to local folders in Apple Mail then it
takes it off Apple servers (uses less space) and save it on Apple Mail online
(ie on your computer and stored locally).
So using both methods is handy.

Eg, as mentioned I keep my Inbox and Sent in sync across all devices for a
short period. Once I’ve dealt with things and don’t need it on all devices,
then I move those onto local folders in Apple Mail “On My Mac”.
So my inbox may have say 10 emails in (that I’m following things up),..but
under On My Mac on my laptop (my main machine) I have 22+ years of emails I can
look back up.
(Which are backed up to multiple hard drives for multiple points of failure
just incase).

That’s a sort of brief run down. It can get a bit more complicated,…but once
set up and working correctly, it works well.
There’s a bit more detail about it all in that link I sent, so worth a read of
it all.

Having MYOB in the cloud version on a computer, will work regardless of however
you have your email. The two won’t really affect each other.

Highway1 for example, allow you to IMAP (through Zetta who own it now of
course) -
https://www.zetta.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/H1_email_iphone_ipad_setup_guide.pdf
So can be used on an iPhone, iPad, Apple Mail on a computer and via webmail.

Bit more info there without going into all the details and in and outs / good
and bad points for each and how to work it efficiently.

Kind regards
Daniel
—
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

p : 0414 795 960
e : <dan...@macwizardry.com.au>
w : <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

Please note : All email, phone and SMS support, troubleshooting or consulting
will now be charged. An invoice will be sent through on completion of support
work.