OrderBox - Shop anywhere for books (and everything else)
Pay your price or less. Guaranteed!
Get a $100.00 CREDIT!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaQpb1dhdKb1tdRUa/OrderMarket

Tamar,

I so much appreciate your different point of view.  This form of
communication and the people using it, gives me hope for humanity.

I grew up in Los Angeles, California,  when violence was beginning to
become a problem.

Witnessing the problem of violence of increasing, was the first days of
cold weather in fall and wondering if the transition to winter had begun.
 That is to say there were increasing incidences of behavior problems
with increasing police type efforts to counteract the problem and this
just increased the problem.  There was a rather sudden loss of good
manners and respect for others, and it was my experience, law and police
efforts can not make things right when society becomes less civil.

I think mental detectors in high schools is just awful.  I think we can
note this has developed since we stopped using public education to
transmit a culture and focused education on technology for military and
industrial purpose.  I do not understand why so few people understand the
importance of culture, but this problem goes all the way to our
presidents who are also quite ignorant in this matter.

Please, note since the beginning of the United States, citizens have been
armed.  It was an important ritual of manhood for a young man to be given
a rifle, used for hunting and protecting the family.  Often it was his
grandfather's rifle.  What went with this was a strong value system that
put God first, then country, then family.  This was maintained by
cultural expectations, and cultural expectations are more powerful than
laws and police in controlling social behavior.  We have changed our
cultural expectations and our society.  My concern is we did this without
awareness of what we were doing, why and how.

While it is tempting to agree with the idea that citizens shouldn't be
armed, I think there is good reason for them to be armed.  But this
thinking goes with past culture.  I am concerned if we give up our guns,
we will loose our past culture, and I would rather we revitalize that
past culture, at least until the world agrees to disarm, which I also
think is a possibility that can be manifest from changed consciousness-
THE PROCESS OF WHAT WE ARE DOING.

I hold this concern not just because our nations may go to war.  I think
this is less likely than what we will happen if we continue down the path
of militarism.  I think the biggest threat to citizens is our own army
and government.  I think our forefathers understood this possibility when
they wrote the Declaration of Independence.  But remember, this distrust
of authority is what began our country.  Our Declaration of Independence
could also be called a Declaration of Responsibility.  We aren't
educating for that any more.
We began using education to produce products for industry.  Our heritage
and present education is, a BIG PROBLEM!

Imagine a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases (for
complete pricing information and important terms and conditions,
please click on the link below).   Apply now for an Aria Visa!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaIjb1dhdKb1tdRUc/Aria