Splitting that gift, meal or trip?  Settle up fast -- right over
the Internet -- with the MoneyZap service, from Western Union.
http://click.topica.com/aaaa6Wb1dhdKb1tdRUa/WesternUnion

> --- Support our Sponsor ------------------------------------
> Does your child struggle in school? Discover Sylvan Learning
> Centers and get $100 off enrollment, $25 off a Skill
> Assessment, or a FREE video.
> http://click.topica.com/aaaavob1dhdKb1tdQUa/SylvanLearning
>

> (John T) Indonesia bombings disrupt Chrismas eve celebrations... that's
what they said
> on the morning news...
>
> I must admit, I wasn't aware of problems in Indonesia.... what's going on
> there? Who's doing what to whom?  Anyone know?

Indonesia has been in turmoil for many years. However, with the Soeharto
family at the helm, and the support of the military, any uprisngs or
dissention was immediately suppressed. East Timor, previously annexed by
Indonesia has had military peacekeepers present for over the past year.
Arche (sp) has been seeking to gain self determination. With the Wahid govt,
seen as not strong enough the miitary are not in total support. The church
bombings which you have pointed to are another round of anti - christian
fundamentalism. The muslim population are at the end of Ramadan which is
coinciding with Chritian festivities. Another factor is the Chinese. If you
remember, the purges in the late fifties / sixties they were Chinese.
Another thought is that there could be military people who are behind the
scenes. I am unsure of the exact reason for the latest bombings, but there
has not just been one there has been about half a dozen. But because Aus is
so close to Indonesia, and we have peacekeeping troops in East Timor, what
is happening gets wider coverage.
maree

> --- Support our Sponsor ------------------------------------
> Imagine a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases (for
> complete pricing information and important terms and conditions,
> please click on the link below).   Apply now for an Aria Visa!
> http://click.topica.com/aaaaIjb1dhdKb1tdQUc/Aria
>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

Make eTour.com your Web start page, and you’ll see a
different site matched to your interests every time you log
onto the Web! Sign up for your free membership now.
http://click.topica.com/aaaa5zb1dhdKb1tdRUc/eTour