----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: Sv: Re: SV: Sv: RE: {W&P} Here's the text of the Skelton

In a message dated 8/6/2002 3:16:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Sorry, Lawana, but there rings no bell. Assist in suicide is not allowesd in Sweden. Maybe you have got a future decribtion of how it could be in Holland as some talking about that subject has been going on there. And further: to assist in a suicide unwanted by the patient is a dystopia story that has no reallity at all. That's murder.

======
Holland! ... That's where it was!

My apologies for wrongly accusing Sweden.

And you're right -- killing people that don't want to die is (morally) murder ... but could be legal if the law allowed it... and unless you have evidence proving otherwise, I'd be hesitant to arbitrarily label something as imaginary.

Right here in the USA there is a movement afoot to give parents of babies with disabilities 10 days after their birth to decide whether they can live or die. That's murder too -- but they disguise it with humanitarian arguments about "quality of life" and how "they would suffer to much if allowed to live" ...
---Sick proposals. There is no way of knowing if it's going to be a good life or not. And what's a good life? That varys for each individual. Parents need support to be able to give the child the best. Maybe they are afraid they have to use taxmoney to help them?

Claes