Hi,

I can't seem to be able to register on realtimestrategies.net - I still haven't got the confirmation email over a period of several days. So I'm posting here.

In any case, I'd be interested in upconverting any existing low-resolution textures WZ:Resurrection will be using (from the original WZ). To test these, however, I would need some help as to how to best load them up in the game without having to compile the source code itself. I haven't been able to figure out precisely what you've done to/with the source code, so I'd really appreciate a small rundown on the process of getting the modified textures into the game with the smallest possible amount of trouble.

That is, of course, if WZ:R supports non-fixed texture sizes in the first place (if it doesn't, it shouldn't be too demanding to add the support).

I'm figuring being able to jump to any campaign and having all the techs available would be really helpful as well.

Since most textures seem to be 256x256 pixels in size, I figured the reasonable upgrade would be to 512x512 and possibly (since there aren't too many textures in the game) also to 1024x1024. The terrain textures are 1152x1280 in size, so doubling these wouldn't kill anyone either on today's hardware. I have no idea why these would have such a weird resolution. Wouldn't changing them to a power of two make more sense?

As far as I have observed, the original textures need quite a bit of work, not just resizing, as they are quite raw and plagued with low-bit depth, low-resolution aliasing. In fact, I think that's the biggest problem I had with the game - when the camera came really close to a building, the visual quality would plummet.

Please let me know if someone is already working on this and, if not, then how best to go about testing the textures.

Cheers
RJ