Just to clarify, I do not believe in huge conversions to external
engines, massive code rewrites or starting something from scratch. It
is not that I am opposed to it, it is just that I do not believe in
it. It just takes too much time until you have something working, and
until you do, there is zero positive feedback to get from it, from
yourself or others. With zero positive feedback, it is unbelievably
easy to lose interest.

I have seen so many promising projects start from scratch with a bang,
and end with a whimper, it is not even funny.

So I am for incremental changes all the way.

That said, I am for changing the configuration files to lua, the 3D
file format to something more standardized, and other good ideas that
do not take years to implement.

 - Per