----- Original Message -----
  From: The Watermelon
  To: Development list
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:05 AM
  Subject: [Warzone-dev] WZ stats converter source

  This is the source of the wz stats converter I sent devurandom a few
days,havent worked on it for a while,because I was mainly working the '500KB'
patch.

  This is unfinished,but I saw some advanced user on forum expressed their
interests in modding wz,so I think this can help them a bit...

  Currently supports:

weapons.txt,templates.txt,structures.txt,bodypropulsionimd.txt,assignweapon.txt,structureweapon.txt

  Mode:Old stats to New stats:
  convert old 'somename,somevalue1,somevalue2...'
  '[somename]
  somevaluename1 = somevalue1; somevaluename2 = somevalue2; ...'

  Mode:New stats to Old stats:convert the new stats back to the primitive ones
wz uses

  The read and write old/new stats functions are relative solid now,so I can
add supports for other txt's relatively easy by adding a new function and copy
the 'descriptive names' from wz stats load functions.

  It will only work with the txt in this zip archive for weapons and templates
stats,because I added additional fields to them(ZNULLREARM and numMags).

  It's written in C and the 'main' function is ANSI C style like devurandom
said,so it should work on both windows and linux as 'console'
application.Though I only tested in windows cause my internet is borked,couldnt
finish the linux installation with 45byte/sec dl speed...
If you intend to distribute it already it would probably make sense to
pre-compile it since not all modders can do it on their own.

Troman