Am Sonntag, 11. Februar 2007 schrieb The Watermelon:
> > On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:51:59 -0500 The Watermelon
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >I noticed the textures in wz are abit 'blur',so I tried to sharpen
> > >texture
> > >png's with gimp's sharpen filter,it does look a bit better but it
> > >also runs
> > >significantly slower on my pc =(
> >
> > Why would run slower?  You can change different texture file, and
> > still same speed, since nothing really change?
> > Or you mean you doing sharpen in wz code?
>
> no I meant shapened png's using gimp,dont know why it became slower with
> bigger(the png filesize increased 10% or so after applying gimp's sharpen
> filter) png files,maybe the problem has something to do with wz's frequent
> texture changing and 'slicing'(separate tileset texture page into several
> pieces etc)
Currently I also think like "this can't be"...
Because the underlying bitmap is still the same size, no matter what you do
with the pixels in it. And OpenGL only has the bitmap, it never sees the png
data... AFAIK WZ only decompresses the png once and then passes it to GL. I
don't think it reloads the textures during the game.
Maybe you can find out what made it slower...

--Dennis