I have no fog at all. See:
http://img.rootzilla.de/img/a8db463cce82175fecf134e0665e7e4e1227ee1d.jpg

These terrain-popping on the edges is ugly :(
I wish since quite a time to increase the drawed-terrain size and/or add
some volumetric fog, so that you can't see popping terrain at the edges
anymore.

The upper screenshot is a build of the current Trunk in release mode.
Same in the 2.0.5 release.

- Kamaze