On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:40:24 -0400 The Watermelon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 5/1/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> What to do with current networks code in WZ?  Try to fix, any
>one
>> good at network code/problems in latency/sych?
>>
>> Or should we just use game network libs that is open source that
>> handle code for dial modem users or LAN users?  I know we talk
>> abouts this before, but nothing I recall was said about what to
>> do/use?
>>
>> These I find that we may be able to work with,
>> http://www.opentnl.org/faq.php is C++ & GPL works with Mac,
>> window,linux.
>> HawkNL http://www.hawksoft.com/hawknl/ LGPL, mac, window, linux
>> http://www.zoidcom.com/ Free  no comercial use, windows, linux,
>no
>> mac source?
>> http://www.rakkarsoft.com/ Not GPL anymore, it is  Creative
>Commons
>> Attribution ?
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zige/ windows/linux  BSD license
>> C/C++
>> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/  Python, so works for
>all ?
>> http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_net/  We use this now.
>

>After looking at both gamelogics and netcode of wz relatively
>extensively,I
>figured out that it's not only netcode that makes wz unplayable in
>MP,but
>also the non-constant gamelogics update rate makes the
>synchronization
>process impossible,because the PC spec varies from player to
>player in a mp
>game.
>
>IMO we will need to fix the non-constant gameframe problem first
>and see the
>results of such fix before trying to rewrite the netcode,maybe the
>net
>desynchronize is 'suddenly' fixed once we fix the gameframe
>stuff...

Was anyone heavy player of 1.x WZ?  How was netcode with that?
WZ 2.x net code was all new I think because of no DX networking, so
I thought problem is with that.  If 1.x has same issue, then it is
design problem ?

--
Need cash? Click to get an instant cash advance
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1KmEKEYlHkjiyYriNtVEukIJ6l/