On 5/6/07, Per Inge Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > <sys/cdefs.h> does this work.  Are we including that?  If so, maybe
> > > _XOPEN_SOURCE is not being defined consistently in our code.
> > On GNU/Linux it is done by features.h, which is included by unistd.h.
> > The problem might be that somewhere in frame.h sys/cdefs.h is included and
> > when we include unistd.h in exceptionhandler.c, it's inclusion is protected
> > by header-guards...
>
> I had the same problem earlier with _GNU_SOURCE, and I solved it by
> making sure the relevant headers were included in frame.h and that
> frame.h was always loaded first.
>
> Given that we have now, I think, six build systems in active use(*),
> we should not just dump tests and defines into configure.ac as a way
> of fixing problems, even though this would be the right autoconf way
> of doing things.
>
>   - Per
>
> *) autoconf, raw makefiles, waf, cmake, xcode and msvc. (Yes, this is
> not good state of affairs.)

Okay, by setting _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 in the Xcode project, I got a bit
further.  Now, I get an error about NSIG not being defined in
exceptionhandler.c.  As it turns out, <sys/signal.h> only defines NSIG
if *neither* _ANSI_SOURCE nor _POSIX_C_SOURCE is defined.  I am not
sure what to use in its place.

See http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/signal.h.html