On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Dennis Schridde wrote:

> > > BTW: why is there a names.txt in messages and in mp/messages which are
> > > mostly the same ?
> >
> > The files in the mp/* directory are used in multiplayer/skirmish (they
> > override the files in the data/* directory). This works by using
> > PhysicsFS.
>
> In case of those string files, I think that it shouldn't make a difference
> if there are additional strings in it which are never used.
> In case this is the only difference, they could be merged, I think.
> Just in case the campaign has a different name for the same ID, it wouldn't
> be so easy. It would have to be checked why they differ and if that could
> be "fixed" somehow.

Checking the difference between mp/../names.txt and the standard names.txt
shows, that the "mp" version only adds a lot of strings.

The only points I see a differrence is:

R-Sys-SpyTurret  std: "Scrambler Turret" mp: "Nexus Link Turret"
SpyTurret01      std: "Scrambler Turret" mp: "Nexus Link Turret"
R-Wpn-MG-ROF02   std: "Rapid Fire Chaingun Upgrade" mp: "Rapid Fire Chaingun"
Sys-VTOL-RadarTower01  std: "VTOL Radar Tower" mp: "VTOL Strike Tower"
Tower-RotMg      std: "Assault Gun Guard Tower" mp: "Assault Gun Emplacement"

If these differences are just errors or simply not important, one could just
move the mp/../names.txt into the std location and remove the mp version,
right ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com