Am Samstag, 19. April 2008 04:18:16 schrieb bugs buggy:
> On 4/18/08, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ari Johnson schreef:
> > > On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >  >> Dennis Schridde schreef:
> >  >>> Am Freitag, 18. April 2008 18:26:44 schrieb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> >  >>>> I would like to mention that, on its side, QuesoGLC uses GLEW for
> >  >>>> the OpenGL extensions support. Not that I want to make some
> >  >>>> proselytism but I think that such an information may be of some
> >  >>>> value when making a decision like yours.
> >  >>>
> >  >>> Just in case someone would like to know:
> >  >>> I would have choosen GLEW, too and I did it for my other projects.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to use GLEW since we're already using QuesoGLC?  One of
> > >
> >  > our biggest projects since the original open-sourcing of Warzone has
> >  > been eliminating redundant code.
> >
> >  I'm not sure whether it is possible with MSVC. Buginator any thoughts on
> >  that?
>
> I don't see how it is redundant, while QuesoGLC may use GLEW,  we
> don't include  QuesoGLC in the project files at this point in time.
> All we use is the GLC header files, and that is it.
We still link against GLEW already (though implicitly).

> They both should be able to handle what we want, and I haven't really
> seen any big difference besides the fact that GLee auto-inits, and
> GLew requires a init call.
The difference in this is that GLee passes all checks through a function to
accomplish that auto-init, while GLEW uses just macros to wrap around
internal vars. This saves them a function call for each check.

> Hope you didn't fall asleep reading my first post to the ML. ;)
Welcome. :)

--Dennis