On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Author: muggenhor
> Date: Sun Aug 24 17:42:59 2008
> New Revision: 5865

> Log:
>  * Split ASSERT out into ASSERT_HELPER:
>  * ASSERT_HELPER can be used by debug functions that wish to alter the
> location information attached and printed with ASSERTs
>  * Add some missing semi-colons (the previous ASSERT macro had a terminating
> semi-colon)
>  * Change an ASSERT that checks calloc's return value into an if() block (we
> can also run out of memory on non-debug builds...)

This is the kind of change that I would love to have been able to
discuss before it was committed. There was no reason to hurry it
though.

So my most pertinent question. What is wrong with

         void checkDroid(const DROID *droid, const int line, const char *file);

         /* assert if droid is bad */
         #define CHECK_DROID(droid) checkDroid(droid, __LINE__, __FILE__)

?

And I strongly dislike AT_MACRO. Hiding the fact that __LINE__ and
__FILE__ are used is uncalled for.

To me it just looks like this commit and the next just added a lot of
complexity for no good reason.

  -  Per