On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 05:03:18PM +0200, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Am Freitag, 14. August 2009 15:02:00 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> > On Friday, 14 August 2009 at 11:52, the_cybersph...@users.sourceforge.net
> wrote:
> > > Revision: 7968
> > >
> > > Was broken in r7850 (#716). I reverted r7850 and then fixed the
> > > -Wdeclaration-after-statement warnings instead of poking around trying to
> > > find the problem.
> >
> > The question is, why do we need to be C90 compliant in unix-only code at
> > all?
> No clue, but I support that question.
> To my knowledge you cannot compile the unix crashdump code with bad compilers

The problem, as stated in #716 was

  Running default ./configure gives a bunch of mixed declaration &
  code errors in exceptionhandler.c. gcc 4.3.2 openSUSE linux 11.2

Gcc 4.3.2 hardly fits the 'bad compiler' label, IMHO. (feel free to
add your own snarky remarks) It *is* more strict than previous
versions.

"apparently, not enough".  Zarel is excused because he is a Windozer.

Glancing at the code again with fresh eyes and knowlege that something
is broken, it looks like the crashdump filename creation got b0rked -
a couple of lines and easy to fix.

As for
> > The question is, why do we need to be C90 compliant in unix-only code at
> > all?

Good question.  You tell me.

In any case, you should be able to compile WZ on a mainstream linux
platform with the default settings.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswa...@centurytel.net