On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Kreuvf <kre...@warzone2100.de> wrote:
> Zarel, I think the problems are the time constraints. To me it seems that
> Buginator is the main person for releases and he is limited to a few hours on
> weekends. So the problem is that delaying the release for a day or two would
> actually delay the release for a whole week.
>
> It really is far from the optimum and it could be done better, but with the
> current lack of man power this just is not feasible IMHO. Or would you prefer
> wait a whole week between tagging and release?

Well, there's no reason why Buggy has to handle the entire release,
especially if it causes it to be this far from optimum. If he's not
available 24 hours after tagging, I can announce the release then, or
so could any other dev... Especially since the release announcement is
written ahead of time, and just moved from Staff to News when the
release is announced.

-Zarel