On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM, buginator <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First off, 2.2.4 should be dead.  Really.
> It serves no useful purpose for us at all.
> The codebase has changed too much, so any bug reports we get on this
> version is pretty much meaningless in the vast majority of the cases.
> We should update trac to have 2.2.4 listed as "unsupported", since it
> is just that.
> We should update the front page to "strongly encourage" people to use
> the 2.3 series of releases, instead of a version we no longer support.

We are already planning on dropping 2.2.4 support right when 2.3.0 is
released. Are you proposing to drop it earlier, so that for a few
weeks we will have exact zero supported stable releases? I'm sorry,
but I don't like that idea.

I don't think any other software company has done that, ever, which
should be the first clue that perhaps it's a bad idea.

Is there anything wrong with continuing to support 2.2.4 nominally,
like we do now? It's really a rather minimal amount of extra work; I
mean, when's the last time we've gotten a 2.2.4 bug report?

-Zarel