Here is a better wiki link http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/XPath
Apparently it does not work:

In my case, this works fine:
level1 = ie.frame(:id, "contentFrame")
level2 = level1.frame(:id, "frameHeader")
myselect = level2.select_list(:id, "c_ddlCategory")
myselect.flash

This does NOT work:
myselect2 = ie.select_list(:xpath, "//sele...@id='c_ddlCategory']")
myselect2.flash

> Unable to locate element, using :xpath

This also does NOT work:
myselect2 = level2.select_list(:xpath, "//sele...@id='c_ddlCategory']")
myselect2.flash

> undefined method `element_by_xpath'

:(

2009/3/17 Mark Lehky <mark.le...@aclaro.com>:
> With respect to XPath, the best I have been able to Google so far is
> this document:
> http://svn.openqa.org/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=897/watir/trunk/watir/doc/Support%20for%20XPATH%20in%20Watir.doc
> which suggests that XPath in Watir is supported _except_ for FRAMES?
> Is this still the case?
>
> TIA.
>

> 2009/3/17 Mark Lehky <mark.le...@aclaro.com>:
>> For anyone following this thread:
>> Yes, you can traverse the frames as I indicated below, and it works! :D
>>
>> Now, can I do the same using XPath ...
>>

>> 2009/3/17 Mark Lehky <mark.le...@aclaro.com>:
>>> I think the answer is somewhere in your suggestion.
>>> The element(s) that I am looking for is quite deep in several nested
>>> FRAMESET/FRAME/FRAMESET/FRAME/...
>>> Is there a way in Watir/Ruby to say "in any frame, no matter how deep"?
>>> If not, how do I traverse them? Can I do something like:
>>> ie = Watir::IE.new
>>> frame1 = ie.frame(:id, "contentFrame")