Hi
The value 601 is stored in total and I want to make sure that 'total'
matches the value on the screen (overall total). Is there any way that
I can compare to make sure that is it the correct total.
if total 601
and
overall total is 601
passed.
I tried to do if $b.contains_text("total") but it fails.
On Feb 8, 3:02 pm, orde <[email protected]> wrote:
> The .html method is returning a string value. So, you're adding
> "14.56" and "85.00" to create "14.5685.00"
>
> You need to convert the a and b variables to a numeric class. In this
> case, you want to use .to_f:
>
> total = a.to_f + b.to_f
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> orde
>
> On Feb 8, 12:45 pm, tester86 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Sorry but in IRB when I do
>
> > a= $b.table(:index, 1)[2][11].html
> > print 14.56
>
> > b=$b.table(:index, 1)[2][11].html
> > print 85.00
>
> > total = a + b
>
> > in IRB it returns 14.5685.00
>
> > when it should return 99.56
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general